Wednesday, April 11, 2007

See my first performance at the San Jose Improv

This just in! I'll be competing in the 2007 San Jose Improv Comedy Competition. My night to perform is Tuesday, May 29 at 8 p.m. I've been advised, straight out, that the surest way to move on to the next round is to have friends in the audience. By audience vote, the top three comedians move on to the semifinals. The finals, should I be fortunate enough to move on, are in July and the prizes include the opportunity to be an emcee with a nationally known headliner for a week.

So put it in your calendar today or go ahead and buy your ticket now.

Meanwhile, I'm also excited to be moving on to the semifinal round in the Rooster T. Feathers comedy competition on May 9. The show is sure to sell out, so you have to call the club (listen to the lengthy message) and leave your name to reserve your seat.

If Mom and Dad are reading this, don't even think about showing up to "surprise" me.

No comments: