Thursday, November 27, 2008

My Milk scene

I'm concerned that many of my friends are going to watch Milk and are distracted because they are watching for the scene I am in. I don't want you missing important scenes while you try to pick me out in the crowd scenes.

Don't call me self-absorbed. Already, two people have told me this. Now, I haven't seen the movie yet, but I can help you narrow down your search. I'm in the scene where Scott and Anne (James Franco and Alison Pill) walk into San Francisco City Hall to go to the memorial for Harvey there. As the camera pans around to show that only a few people showed up to the memorial, I'm standing in the back as an usher, next to a pillar.

My friend, Karen, was watching for me and knew exactly where to look, but still said she couldn't pick me out. Ah, the miracles of Hollywood makeup artists. It's probably because of those wicked cool sideburns they put on me. Or because I was just a blur in the background for a millisecond.

Anyway, I blogged about the whole experience back when it happened, if you want to read more.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Marty - perhaps you're not aware of the rules pertaining to campaigns for Oscar nominations?

The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences has implemented tough rules to rein in campaigning and keep the focus on the merits of the performance as much as possible.

But, I think you should set your alarm clock for 5:30am on Thursday, Thursday, January 22nd. I've got a special surprise for you!