Thursday, June 01, 2006

Going up to Alaska

In an unusual move, I've been packing for a trip a full 18 hours before the departure time. That's only because we're leaving for Vancouver tomorrow right after work. On Sunday, we'll be aboard the Celebrity Infinity for a cruise to Alaska. A gay cruise, no less.

The cruise company announced that there will be a special guest on board. We've made some guesses: Megan Mullally (promoting her new talk show), Margaret Cho (because she's a party animal), or Sean Hayes (has nothing better to do; vying for permanent gig in cabaret lounge).

As we're packing, we're watching these young whippersnappers in the National Spelling Bee. I've concluded that I'd only be a decent speller in Hawaii. And that there are quite a few words out there I've never heard. And that advanced spelling is a fairly useless skill. Perhaps, I'm suffering from weltschmerz. I suppose there ought to be a least a few living humans able to spell these words.

Sorry, loyal blog readers, for such a lapse in entries. I've been busy, and my laptop had a major malfunction. I have a little bit of advice for my friends: back up your hard disk. Recovering data from a hard drive is expensive. Now I've got a fancy new external hard disk to sync to.

And more good news. My laptop, which used to take at least five minutes to boot, now is ready to roll in about one minute.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So, Marty, is you're on the cruise and monitoring your blog - who is the mystery special guest? I'm dying to know!

dAAve said...

Thanks for stopping by.
The cruise with the crew of W&G sounds great. Enjoy!