Thursday, February 08, 2007

Well, that went well

My gig at Rooster T. Feathers last night was all that I could have hoped for. I count exactly 50 people who came to the show just to see me. Co-workers, my partner's co-workers, lots of our gay friends. Pretty damn good. Somewhere in the South Bay, there was an empty gay bar. Well, actually, all the gay bars in the South Bay are pretty much empty on a Wednesday night.

Thank you to everyone who showed up!

Because I had packed the house, I got to go up right before the headliner, a great place to be. My peeps were ready to laugh. I had a great set, partly thanks to the cutie straight guy, Danny, sitting in the front row. He was a great sport when I offered to introduce him to my gay world. Danny, if you're listening, call me.

If you missed it, you have another chance coming up. I'll be back at Rooster T. Feathers on March 21 for the club's annual comedy competition. If you go, you get to vote for your favorite comic to go on to the next round (that would be me). The show starts promptly at 8 p.m. Don't be late. The order of comedians will be randomly selected that night. And this is important: reserve your tickets now by calling 408-736-0921. The show will likely sell out--hopefully by my fans. Yes, it's all about me. But I've seen the lineup and there are some funny comedians scheduled.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Marty - yes, it went well!
Good show. You're good at this but please don't quit your day job because we'd miss you too much.

Will be there on the 21st.

Marty Grimes said...

Thank you, Debbie. There's no risk in my quitting my day job just yet. The entirety of my income from this hobby has been one drink ticket.

Anonymous said...

Marty's Musings are back!

I thoroughly enjoyed the show and will make sure that Jim gets a chance to see your act in March. We don't want to bring our daughter for fear that you will be upstaged.

If a vote had been taken at last week's show, you would have won - hands down!