Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Ford loves me, Ford loves me not, Ford loves me...

All of you folks who just sent off angry letters calling Ford a dirty, rotten, cheating scoundrel for getting into bed with AFA's Donald Wildmon had better go to Ford's on-line form and say something nice now that the company is, apparently, again our friend.

Come on, now. Ford has something to say to you:

"Hi, gay."

"Yes, I'm listening."

"Yeah, about that little thing with Donald Wildmon. Really, nothing happened. We were just talking, you know? Fully clothed. Both feet on the ground the whole time, I swear. He means nothing to me. And I was thinking of you the whole time."

"Why were you even talking to that jerk?"

"Oh gosh, I don't know. I was just...well, you've been working late a lot, and I just...just got lonely. Donald kept calling. Said he wanted to talk. I didn't see any harm in just talking. So we talked. That's all. Then, he got all, like, crazy on me and threatened to call all his friends and tell them I'm a big slut and I got scared. So scared. Here, look what I got you--a bunch of new ads for the Advocate and Out Magazine."

"Oh, Ford, you big lug, they're beautiful. Come here. I'll give you another chance. You've been good to me. But this is it. I swear, if I see that little weasel around here again, it is over."

"I promise."

The letter Ford wrote to the leaders of several gay groups is even addressed to "Friends" so it looks like we're back on speaking terms. Corporate ads touting all of Ford's brands will be placed in gay publications, and our leaders seem convinced Ford's corporate contributions are down merely because things aren't looking so good for Ford overall.

So, go write your letter, and Honey, if you're reading this, you can go ahead and get me that new Jag for Christmas after all. I know you've been talking about getting me a "bike," but you and I both know that by "bike" you really meant "2006 Jaguar X Type VDP Edition." Don't worry. I'll act surprised.


Tags: , , , ,

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Marty -

I left my message with the Ford Motor Company and pledged to give full consideration to a future purchase of a Land Rover.

As soon as I heard that Ford had decided to advertise with gay & lesbian media outlets, I contacted our own San Jose British Motors and Land Rover San Jose to ask them to purchase a banner ad on the website of the Billy DeFrank LGBT Community Center.

What better way for Ford to express support for our local LGBT community!

Marty Grimes said...

Honestly, before all this, I had no idea Ford owned Mazda, Jaguar, Land Rover and Volvo, and since I wasn't about to go out and buy a Taurus, I never considered buying a Ford.

Now, if they would just develop a Jaguar or Volvo hybrid by the time my car poops out, we really might have a deal.

(Robert already told me I'm dreaming if I think I'm going to find Jag keys in my stocking Christmas morning. What a scrooge.)

If you're interested in reading the level of intellectual discourse from the right wing, check this playground-level humor from the Freepers: http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/
f-news/1540594/posts

Anonymous said...

Wow...those reactions at Freerepublic are pretty pathetic. As are these AFA followers.
It just saddens me to know that these people actually think condeming people is a family value.